Saturday, April 4, 2009

notes

Mary at the Hospital.

Another busy day at the hospital. A new girl aged 4 weighing 7kg. She doesn't have sores though so that is good. The little nine month old lost more weight but has not had diarrhea this afternoon so maybe she is on the mend except that she started running a temp today. Could be malaria as she has lots of bites.
You would be proud of me, i went to the hospital the other night by myself. Tim was so tired so i decided i could do this by myself with God. So (it was midnight) i armed myself with the big mag light as a weapon against unknown creatures of the night (snakes,wild dogs , hippos etc) and a head lamp so i could actually see where the path was. So i was praying that no snakes would fall out of the trees, and the dogs were howling so much that they wouldn't notice me and off i went. Well i think i scared the poor hospital guys half to death! They were looking out the door (locked) with their flashlights at me and so i shined my light on my face. The nurse, Andrew, was whispering through the door »Mary, is that you? Are things well with you? » Anyway, they finally decided to open the door and let me in! So they lit some coal oil lanterns and we went and checked on a sick child. As i was leaving, the one helper nurse (like rpn) offered to walk me back but i thought i was probably safer on my own. I arrived home safely and tim never even knew i was gone till morning!
Tonight he went with me to help put Kenneth back to bed and so i am done for the night.

1 comment:

anna said...

Good job Mary! You must have been praying the whole way!! I am so proud of you. Enjoy your next few days with Alyssa!